Thank you. :)
I’ve been updating more on Facebook since it’s a little easier when I’m out and about, but I haven’t forgotten about you!
Thank you so much for helping Moon Animate Make-Up get so many views and for all of your wonderful feedback! I’m still kind of reeling that this has gotten such an overwhelming positive reaction from around the globe! I’m trolling around Twitter right now and seeing tweets in Japanese, Chinese, Russian, and so many other languages.
1) I am very interested in doing another animation collaboration again. I’ve got a few ideas I’m rolling around in my head, some Sailor Moon related, some not, but all of them pretty damn awesome. :D
2) The Press section on Tumblr’s page has been updated to link to news coverage of Moon Animate. There are a few international stories I’ll add later. If you find any others, don’t hesitate to send them my way. I’ve also added an Events page so you can see where you can attend Moon Animate screenings in your area.
3) I will be in New York City from August 14-20 and I’m trying to get a screening going there without having to drop too much cash for a venue. NY animators, if you know a venue or want to be part of it, shoot me an e-mail!
4) For SDCC attendees, I am so jealous I’m not there to party with you guys, but I hope you’re having a great time and you take lots of great pictures at the Viz panel. I don’t think I gave enough kudos to Viz for getting the ultimate prize of remastering all of Sailor Moon Classic. We’re getting Sailor Stars, you guys. SAILOR STARS!! (If someone can thank them for me, I’d appreciate it.) Hope to be there in 2015 with more animation!
5) For now, I need to let my arm rest because I’ve been getting to bed at 3am all this week from doing some edits and annotations and I’ve got this weird pain in my elbow that could be from my tendonitis. I’m going to work on the Vimeo edit this weekend. Right now, I gotta get changed for dinner.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!! Let’s hit a million!! Talk to you soon!!
Updating some annotations to reflect updated reels. Have I mentioned how my animators are so sweet and thoughtful and awesome it makes me want to burst? They are so awesome. :)
893,000+ views and counting! I love it!
Annotations are up! If you’d like to see who animated your favorite shot, you’ll now see their name and a link to their website/reel when you watch the episode. (Annotations might be updated if artists want to show a different page.) They also can’t be shorter than one second, so annotations for smash cuts might linger a little longer.
If you’re in San Diego for Comic Con, I hope you have an awesome time! May the lines move swiftly and pack protein bars! I hope to return next year!
What do you think, guys? Think we could hit that seventh digit? :)
For now, annotations are in the works!
I’ve gotten a few questions about this so I just want to say yes, I am going to try and add a Spanish language track to the episode. I need to finish the annotations first and the new render for Vimeo, but I need to make sure the timing matches up first. And if I’m planning on Spanish, then I might as well try for the Japanese audio too. :)
My original decision to go with the American dub was because I presumed most of the project’s animators would be English speaking since that’s my first language and I was promoting it on social media popular with English speaking crowds. (And also for that sweet, sweet 90s nostalgia.) I didn’t want any nuances in acting to be lost in translation if our animators weren’t bilingual, and so we wouldn’t wind up with a Godzilla dub. After seeing the overwhelming positive feedback, I think it’s safe to give it a shot.
Both Spanish and Japanese language tracks will take time to edit, but I hope to have them available soon. Thank you for your patience. :)